In this article:
- A global survey of 2,000 knowledge workers found 68 per cent of workers toggle between apps up to 10 times in an hour
- 31 per cent of workers say this constant switching of apps can cause them to lose concentration.
- A look at how Nimbus centralizes everything you need to run your tutoring or mentorship programs
- Thanks to the time saved with the Nimbus platform, 60% of our partners were able to expand current or launch new success services since partnering with Nimbus
Apps are great. From data collection to managing the schedules of many different people at once, apps consistently promise to make our lives easier – and for most of our needs, they do just that. However, each app that solves a problem adds to the litany of programs that we must keep track of and integrate into our work ecosphere. Information produced by each app also needs to be integrated with the information produced by other programs which can be a time consuming process.
Surveys have shown that the constant switching between apps costs us valuable time and risks knocking us off track. Instead, institutions looking for ways to increase productivity should consider centralizing apps and programs onto one platform.
Data show the constant switching between apps costs valuable time
A global survey of 2,000 knowledge workers found 68 per cent of workers toggle between apps up to 10 times in an hour, with 31 per cent admitting this constant switching of apps can cause them to lose concentration.
This constant switching between apps and other programs is also annoying, with 52 per cent of respondents saying they found it more annoying than paying bills.
But all is not lost. A majority of respondents (67 per cent) said bringing most of their apps onto one platform would help them develop a better workflow, with 65 per cent also saying it would help them become more productive.
Read more at “App Overload is Creating Chaos at Work and Costing Businesses Billions” by Ring Central.
Nimbus centralizes recruitment, scheduling, program tracking & analytics and reporting
The Nimbus Learning platform offers a seamless experience for administrators, with everything needed to run your tutoring or mentorship program in one spot.
The Nimbus platform carries the following features:
- Recruitment: Tutor Vetting and Interviewing
- Scheduling: Making schedules around tutors class and work schedules
- Program Tracking: Timesheets, Hour tracking
- Program Analytics
- Surveying and reporting
The Nimbus team also follows a software as a service model, where we continue to work with and support our partners even after the Nimbus platform is up and running at their institution. Depending on the institutions needs, Nimbus offers tutor management support, including recruitment, interviewing, vetting and training.
We also offer marketing support and customized branding, to ensure your program hits the ground running.
The results of centralizing your program with Nimbus
Our results speak for themselves – interviews with our partners show the Nimbus Platform allows them to:
- Improve data collection processes so staff have access to more data, while spending less time collecting it.
- Reduced the day-to-day administrative process, and reduced staff workload by 53%
- With this time saved 60% of our partners were able to expand current or launch new success services since partnering with Nimbus (ex. Mentorship programs, group facilitated study etc.)